The Hydropower Monitoring Directorate at AKBN carries out the monitoring of concessionary and non-concessionary contracts. Monitoring consists on:
- Monitoring the fulfillment of the contractual and legal obligations of concessionary and non-concessionary companies (according to the DCM no.822, 2015)
- Maintains a database of all technical data of non-concessional contracts
- Perform site monitoring according to the HPP monitoring plan
- Prepares a monitoring report on the implementation of contractual and legal obligations of Investing Companies
- Report to the Contracting Authority (MIE) regarding the performance on fulfillment of obligations, doing the appropriate proposals for amendments to contracts or penalties applications, too.
- In co-operation with MEI, realizes the final assessment of the “investment assessment” according to DCM no.332 on 06.06.2018.
- Concession contract and its amendments, if any
- Concessionary Company’s Application letter to C.A [contracting authority]on approval of Implementation- Project.
- Technical Opponency Report, for Project-Implementation submitted by the Concessionary Company .
- Implementation- Project Approval Letter issued by C.A.
- The tender conditions regarding the type and brand of machinery and equipment (Chinese, European, Indian … etc.), such information ought to be sent by the Contracting Authority to the AKBN.
- The Implementation- Project , approved, signed (sealed/ stamped) by Technical Opponency Group and the Contracting Authority, having a detailed Estimate Form as its integral part and in compliance to the prototype form referred to – Guideline no. 3, on 15.02.2001 “On the Supervision and Inspection of Engineering Works” (Amended by the Council of Ministers’ Guideline No. 4, on 17.05.2001, No. 7, on 21.11.2001, No. 1, on 22.02. 2005) and Guideline No. 1, on 16.6.2011 “On Amendments to Council of Ministers‘ Guideline No. 3, on 15.2.2001 ” On the Supervision and Inspection of Engineering Works “, as amended.)
- Submission of all documentary correspondence (applications to institutions, responses of institutions, correspondence with them, etc.) with relevant institutions on issuance of the Necessary Permits to start the engineering works.
- The requests of the concessionary companies on approval by the relevant institutions of the changes that the approved implementation projects may have undergone and consequently have violated or exceeded the permits they were provide with, before.
- The periodic quarterly reports on the performance of the concession contract concerning the investments made in it and the issues that may have been encountered.
- The Schedule complied by the Parties, Reinvestment Plan and Project for the period specified in the Concession Contract.
- All the decisions on the approval of permits and approved permits on the construction of the Facility/ies
- The Contracts that the concession companies have closed with subcontractors – supervisors and all stakeholders who take part in the performance of the concession contract, accompanied by the relevant agreements, agreed preventives between them and the professional licenses on exercising the agreed duties.
- Insurance Policies for the Contracts or their appendixes (of the concessions), works and third parties and for the facility when completed.
- Partial statement on situation accompanied by card of volumes and tax receipts for each work that is performed, according to the prototype form, referred to – Guideline no. 3, on 15.02.2001 “On the Supervision and Inspection of Engineering Works” (Amended by the Council of Ministers’ Guideline No. 4, on 17.05.2001, No. 7, on 21.11.2001, No. 1, on 22.02. 2005) and Instruction No. 1, on 16.6.2011 “On Amendments of the Council of Ministers’ Guideline No. 3, on 15.2.2001 ” On the Supervision and Inspection of Engineering Works “, as amended.)
- Final Surveillance Report, Final Testing Report, and Commissioning Act of Work/s.
- As Build’ Implemented Project on its construction at the facility. In cases where this project differs from the project approved by the Contracting Authority, the approvals of such changes issued by the Contracting Authority under the request of the Concessionaire Company, should be submitted, the request ought to be accompanied by appropriate justifications approved in advance by the designer of the engineering works and its supervisor.
- MACHINERY & EQUIPMENT: contract on machinery & equipment (Notarized machinery list, specifications,); certificates of origin, customs clearance and other attached documents to those of machinery and equipment; transfers on contract payments; complete inventory of machinery and equipment.
- CONNECTION TO THE SYSTEM: the electrical project on connection to the system (+ approval issued by CTI [central technical inspectorate]); contract on construction of the electric line; the professional license of the supervisor of engineering works and the contract related to ; the supervisor’s final report; partial and final statement on situations (signed by entrepreneur, supervisor, investor); printed coordinates the columns / cables and their CD in Excel.
- DOCUMENTs of connection (vo: documents are ready by connection procedure): ERE license; contract for the sale of energy; Approval of connection (by “OST” or “OSHEE”); control and surrender of the connection line to the system by “OST”; testing of the metering system; the minutes on the meter installing procedures .
- COMMISSIONING: commissioning / testing certificate (signature of the commissioner and supervisor); commissioner ‘s report; reports on commissioning test + factory tests; performance tests; “as-build” electric project of hydropower (attention: it is not the project of the connection to the system); guidebooks and passports of main machinery and equipment (namely: turbines, generators, power traffic); guidebooks and passports of all machinery and equipment; guidebooks on operation and exploitation (in Albanian),
- OPERATION: list of employees on operation (+ organograms), employee safety records; exploitation report and the state of the HPP structures; environmental monitoring report; operation time for each HPP aggregate; summary of major overhauls and breakdowns; summary of maintenance works.
- Collation of records on electricity generation
- VAT invoices on power sales.
- Documents related to correspondence with MEI, etc.
- Balance sheets, financial statements on sales & purchases.
- Final and analytical FDP [payment statement form] for each investment year associated with the book on sales & purchases.
- Sealed / signed statement of situations of works according to the Guideline no. 3, on 15.02.2001 and Guideline No. 1, on 16.6.2011, “On the Supervision and Inspection of Engineering Works”.
- Customs statement on purchases of equipment imported from abroad.
- Statement of Income and Expenses.
- The estimate upon the approval based on implementation- project approved by the Contracting Authority (stamped)
- Actual estimate if there is an exceeded investment signed under additional contract and approved by the Contracting Authority
Steps of the Procedure:
- Contract delivered by MIE.
- Implementation-project delivered and stamped by MIE / Technical Opponency (attached the report of Technical Opponency on Implementation-Project)
- Monitoring the accomplishment of the legal obligations of the companies related to the applications and the provision of necessary permits on commencement of engineering works according to the deadlines specified in the contract at the time of application and issuance of the necessary permits.
- Monitoring the 3-month periodic reporting according to the contractual obligation of the companies, since the moment they were provided with a concession contract (or non-concession agreement, HPP under 2MGW)
- Site monitoring every three months according to the contractual stipulations or the specific practices sets out by the AKBN, from the moment of commencement of work till the HPP is under operation
- Periodic communication with the companies “on the fulfillment of contractual obligations” and in particular making available on-site monitoring acts after the monitoring is carried out, familiarizing them with the issues identified at the site or on documents.
- Compiling the quarterly monitoring reports according to the contractual obligation and the obligation to report to the Contracting Authority (MIE), accompanied by relevant proposals on amendments to the contracts, penalties to the companies, assisting them to simplify the procedures and assisting them to reduce the time of their relations to other institutions etc.
- Investment Assessment Process for HPP that are at the power generation stage according to DCM no. 332, on 6.6.2018.
- Monitoring HPP’s generation phase according to DCM no. 332, on 6.6.2018.
As stipulated in the concession contract