Laboratory Sector is part of the Mining Directory in the National Agency of Natural Resources and consists of two separate laboratory units, equipped with the necessary and contemporary devices and instruments;
1. Technological laboratory (where the sample preparation for chemical-physical analysis is performed, and where poll surveys are conducted within the framework of promoting the raw mineral in the country).
2. Laboratory chemical analysis (in the framework of monitoring and promotion), performs leading chemical analysis of solid materials, and waters of a substantial character of pollutant, and chemical analysis for the recognition of mineral raw materials and of their potential products during the enrichment process.
• For solid waste (stocks of minerals, sterile mining, and sterile factory or metallurgical waste), mainly analyzing those with a contaminant highlighted character of ores, prevailing those of sulphide, etc.
• For waste water, arising from mining, that penetrate mineral stocks, mining sterile and furthermore in the damps of enrichment factories, metallurgy waste etc. without neglecting other water sources. In this context, are defined the main parameters and the following elements:
(pH, conductivity, salinity, Cu, Zn, Pb, Ni, Co, Fe, Cd, SO42- , Cl-, NH4+, NO3- etc.
2.1 Chemical analysis laboratory (in the context of promotion) performs chemical tests on ores;
• Metallic (chromium, copper, iron-nickel, nickel – silicate etc.).
• Non-metallic (quartzite, carbonate, clay, etc.)
In general the most frequently analyzed components are;
(Cr2O3, SiO2, Al2O3, MgO, CaO, FeO, Fe2O3, Cu, Ni, Co, Zn, HK, Mb.p.tr., etc.)
2.2 Analysis of gases (mainly can be done according to the nature of gas);
• The content of dust in the air in mines, quarries, fraction crushing plants, enrichment factories, metallurgic etc.
• In accordance with the nature of dust, will be defined the contents of harmful substances.
3. As above, physico-chemical laboratory aims and realizes specialized services and for including a third party;
• Preparation of raw materials for physico chemical analysis.
• Physical analysis (moisture, granulometric, p.vol., p.sp. etc.)
• Enrichment surveys (gravimetry, flotim, magnetic separators, etc.)
• Chemical analysis as mentioned above, on ore, water etc.
During this period, the laboratory sector team is composed of 7 specialists with high education and good working experience, both technological and analytical.
As mentioned, these services that include the third party, are in accordance with the approved tariffs that are among the lowest in the market.
Currently NANR will soon start the accreditation procedures of the laboratory.
The accreditation of testing and calibration laboratory, according to EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 Standard
Accreditation will be performed in accordance with the procedure of accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories, based on Law No 9824, dated 01.12.2007 “On the accreditation of conformity assessment bodies, in the Republic of Albania”; BS EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 Standard.